Saturday, March 26, 2011

De-skeined

I have spent the last 20 minutes disentangling a ball of yarn from the dining room furniture.  This is a new chore I must do now, several times a week.
The youngest of my cats, the 2 year old, is an artist.  She decorates with yarn.
I keep hiding my yarn, she keeps finding it.
She brings it down the stairs and around the corner.

This time it was a green baby yarn.  Looped around one chair, under the footstool, back to the chair, under the second chair.  Then in a genius effort, under the computer desk and back to chair number one.
How she manages to loop the yarn around itself is a mystery.

I have tried to wind the yarn up the way it came off.  Not.  Happening.
I end up lifting the furniture to free the loops.  Sometimes I have to turn the furniture over to loosen those loops enough to slide them off the legs.

Sometimes I have to convince her I don't need her help.

She is sure I do.

I haven't knitted or crocheted in some time.  I'm feeling the urge.

Anyone have a pattern for kitty pawcuffs.  Even a plastic canvas jail might be handy.

Did I mention she has hidden some of my knitting needles too.

2 comments:

  1. If that's how she behaves with yarn that's just sitting somewhere, I don't think you'll be at all successful with knitting since the yarn and needles will be moving. How's a kitty to resist?

    jkatj

    ReplyDelete