Monday, April 18, 2011

Time for a Change

I've been neglecting this space. 

Not out of laziness, but out of brain-deadness.  I can't think of anything interesting to go on about.
There's the grandkids, but even I can only stand so much of that.
There's the ongoing house projects, but nothing big happening at the moment.

The daffodils are blooming.  The trees are budding.  And they're calling for a chance of snow tonight.  Spring in Indiana.  Yay.

The price of gasoline is insane. 
The price of food is becoming insane.  Of course, that's not because we are using our food supply (corn) to make a fuel no one is using.  Grrr.

I'm attempting to at least cut down on my smoking, (yes, I'm one of those) by trying the electric cigarettes.  No tar or second hand smoke.  Just a water vapor laced with nicotine.  I'm sure there is some health risk in these somewhere, but it can't be any worse than real cigarettes.  And I just don't have the will power  to quit cold turkey.  That, and I'd rather not be jailed or institutionalized for displaying homicidal tendencies due to a withdrawal meltdown. 

Part of the reason to give up smoking is deciding to make the restaurant smoke free. We are shooting for the end of May.  Our customer base has shifted now from majority smokers to majority non-smokers.  We will probably lose some of our smoking customers, but the hope is the non-smokers that have been avoiding us will fill those spaces.  Pray for us.

Maybe my nicotine fits will bring good blog fodder as I attempt to do this.

8 comments:

  1. I think you will find the non-smokers coming in. And the smokers you lose will come back in time.
    They have everywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with dedesu3


    I know how terribly hard it was for my mom to quit smoking. She was a bit UNPLEASANT for awhile.

    But that was 20 years ago

    that is all

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those sneaky posts that starts out all "I've got nothing to blog about" and ends up with something kind of huge and important to blog about.

    Best of luck with all of this. Not small stuff.

    Also? I live in the land of smoking bans in restaurants for like ten years, and I'm always stunned when I travel to places where you still can.

    Trust me, people adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with CDG, stream of consciousness toward a big reveal :) Praying for you and sending vibes as you work toward smoke free!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a former smoker. I think as one, I tend to be way more critical and judgemental over those who still smoke. Funny how your Blog title fits the bill - people won't quit smoking because they are LAZY! Not in the same form as someone who refuses to work... just that its very hard to quit, and to do it takes will power. Laziness takes over and its easier to smoke than to not.

    I wish you luck. I commend you for the electronic cigarette. Second, and 3rd hand smoke is dangerous, and inconsiderate.

    Crap, now I have to blog... sorry my comment turned into a rant :)

    good luck, XO

    Real Housewife of Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you luck. I smoked for 8 years and quitting was hard. I ended up going with the patch, but their are new and better ways.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete