Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Nano Time

It's November.

This year that means I'm participating in NaNoWriMo. That is National Novel Writing Month.


The target; 50,000 words. that's 1,672 words a day in November.

I've attempted it before, but never managed to "win". Winning isn't the real point. the real point is simply writing daily.

That has been my downfall. What with working the hours I used to work, sitting down and being creative was just more than I could handle.

This year I am purposefully unemployed. And I am going to get 50,000 words.

Now that challenge being accepted, don't believe for a minute that means I'll have an actual book written. What I'll have is 50,000 words of absolute chaos.

It will be chaos because this story keeps changing itself as I go. (Stubborn characters)

It will be chaos because I am purposely ignoring my inner editor. That is going amazingly well so far. My story is happily full of typos, unnecessary words, and a plot that is so full of holes it wouldn't catch bowling balls.

And that...is a win!

Maybe, if I can stand to look at it, I will attempt to edit after the first of the years.

After editing, I might, for a short time have a story of about 30,000 words. Then when someone else goes through it, there might just maybe be enough left to work into a novelette.

It okay, that would be more than I've had before.

So, I have the iPod fired up and coffee. I'm good to go.

0 Leave a comment, let me know you dropped by :):

Post a Comment